Retired Couple Loses Everything in House Fire – Community Rallies to Help

July 23, 2018

Written By

Mary Friona Celani

The community is coming together to help a family after they lost everything in a devastating house fire.

The Spoly family’s Marilla home burned down on Saturday and ended up being a total loss. It happened about 10:30 Saturday evening, they smelled smoke  and saw the glow and their porch was fully engulfed.  Thankfully, the couple got out safely but their home was lost.

They lost everything from family photos, to tools, clothes, furniture – and most tragically their beloved pet.

Roy and Dotie both recently retired and starting over will be an immense challenge.

If you would like to help this family, here is a link to their Gofundme page set up by a family friend – https://www.gofundme.com/the-spoly039s-fire-accident-fund

 

About Me

Welcome to Totally Buffalo! My name is Mary Friona-Celani and I am the creator of this site! After spending 20 years in the Buffalo media, I moved on to focus on my beautiful family. Now, the time has come for a new project. I was ready for something new. Something mine.
I am born and raised in WNY and my pride runs deep. My husband, Scott and I are very happy to be raising our four daughters here.

Advertisement

 

Advertisement

 

0 Comments

Submit a Comment