I can’t believe Thanksgiving is this week! Time sure does fly.
And of course, it got me thinking about what comes next – Christmas!! Of course, I’ll do most of my holiday shopping at the Totally Buffalo 716MAS Festival on December 2 and 3, but I do still have to get some toys and other stuff, too! So – that got me thinking about deals, sales, and of course – Black Friday!
And as has been the case for the past few years – Black Friday has moved up to include Thursday. Thanksgiving. Again.
So, it got me wondering – who thinks it’s a good idea to shop on Thanksgiving? Who thinks retailers should have their staff working on Thanksgiving?
Here are some of the stores that I found that will be open for shopping on Thanksgiving –
- Best Buy – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. Black Friday
- Big Lots -7 a.m. to midnight
- Bon-Ton – Thanksgiving 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Black Friday
- Cabela’s – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- CVS Pharmacy (hours not yet announced)
- Dick’s Sporting Goods – Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Black Friday
- Dollar General – 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Five Below – Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Black Friday
- GameStop (hours not yet announced)
- JCPenney – Thanksgiving 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Black Friday
- Kohl’s – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 1 p.m. CT Black Friday
- Kmart – Opens 6 a.m.; Doorbusters Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 2 p.m. Black Friday; Some stores to close at 12 a.m. or 2 a.m. and reopen at 6 a.m. Friday
- Macy’s – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Black Friday or Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 2 a.m. Black Friday before reopening at 6 a.m. Friday. Doorbusters until Friday at 1 p.m.
- Michaels – 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.; Opens at 5 p.m. for Rewards members.
- New York & Company (hours not yet announced)
- Rite Aid – Hours Vary by Location (most stores open)
- Sears – 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Target – 6 p.m. to 12 a.m.
- Toys R Us – Thanksgiving 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. Black Friday
- ULTA – Thanksgiving 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Black Friday
- Walgreens – Varies by Location
- Walmart – 6 p.m.
What do you think? Shop? Or not cool?