Youngstown family loses belongings in fire, they need our help to get even the basics

March 6, 2021

Written By

Mary Friona Celani

Flames ripped through a multiple family building on Tuesday leaving several families to pick up the pieces.



Four families, all with children, were displaced by the fire at an apartment complex at 310 Main St., in the Village of Youngstown. Thankfully they all got out of the building unharmed. Sadly, several pets were lost in the fire.

Janelle and Kevin Voelker were able to get out safely with only the clothing they were wearing. The couple, with a daughter in high school lost everything. Now, friends and family are working to get them some basic needs including toiletries, clothing and food and have started a donation page to offset costs not paid for by renters insurance.



A donation page has been set up on Facebook with a list of clothing items and sizes needed. If you would like to help – please CLICK HERE

Faculty and staff of the Lewiston-Porter School District is also helping with the efforts. Those interested in assisting can contact Lew-Port social workers Danielle Kudula (middle school, 716-754-8281, ext. 5118/or high school, 716-286-7257; email, or Erin Myers (Lew-Port Primary Education Center, 716-286-7220, ext. 6407; email,


About Me

Welcome to Totally Buffalo! My name is Mary Friona-Celani and I am the creator of this site! After spending 20 years in the Buffalo media, I moved on to focus on my beautiful family. Now, the time has come for a new project. I was ready for something new. Something mine.
I am born and raised in WNY and my pride runs deep. My husband, Scott and I are very happy to be raising our four daughters here.






Submit a Comment