Whoever said nothing in life is free apparently didn’t know about the free parenting workshops though EPIC – Every Person Influences Children. Let’s face it, we can all learn to be better parents. We can all use advice from experts – probably now more than ever. Parenting is the most difficult job and our children are our most precious gifts. These classes are free and available to ANYONE and EVERYONE. You’ll be surprised at show you will learn.
Here are the details.
Parenting workshops are not just for young or inexperienced parents; they are for everyone who wants to be a better parent. Parenting classes can make a big difference. EPIC- is pleased to offer free parenting programs throughout Western New York. EPIC parenting classes help moms, dad, grandparents, foster parents and any child care provider:
· Master the basics
· Stay abreast of the latest research
· Discover how to match their parenting style with their child’s personality
· Gain confidence
· Develop a support network
The following are some upcoming EPIC parenting workshops in Erie and Niagara Counties:
FREE Parenting Workshop Series
Includes FREE DINNER
WHEN: Tuesdays, 5 p.m. – 6 p.m., April 17 – May 8, 2018
WHERE: EPIC – 1000 Main St., Buffalo
· April 17 – Parenting Styles & Decision Making – Introduces the EPIC Parenting Workshop Program and its goals for parents. Brainstorming and prioritizing are explained and then used to identify effective qualities of parents. The need for good role modeling is emphasized. Several strategies for decision making and problem solving are introduced.
· April 24 – Communicating with Teachers – Emphasizes the importance of good communication between home and school. Parents discuss ways in which they can become involved in the education of their child and identify topics that they should discuss with their child’s teacher. Reinforces the importance of listening and responding in an informative and sensitive manner and explores different communication styles.
· May 1 – Structure and Limits: Preventing and Managing Problem Behaviors – Identifies strategies that minimize problem behavior and techniques for teaching responsible behavior. Examines skills and criteria for setting and enforcing rules. Provides information about basic qualities of good rules and the skills of behavior management.
· May 8 – Coping with Daily Stress and Frustrations – Parents identify causes of stress in their daily lives and positive ways to cope with frustration. Develops strategies for helping children deal with stress. Helps parents identify responses to stressful situations.
Attend all workshops and you will be entered in a raffle for various prizes!!!
Registration is REQUIRED and can be made online at www.epicforchildren.org or by calling 716-332-4115.
FREE Parenting Classes at the Niagara Falls Public Library
WHEN: Thursday, April 19 and Friday, April 27, both 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
WHERE: The Niagara Falls Public Library – 1425 Main St., Niagara Falls
· April 19 – Resolving Conflict – Identifies underlying causes of conflict and examines how each parent responds. Assist parents to learn ways to manage or resolve conflict as well as understand their role in conflict management or resolution.
· April 27 – Structure and Limits: Preventing and Managing Problem Behaviors – Identifies strategies that minimize problem behavior and techniques for teaching responsible behavior. Examines skills and criteria for setting and enforcing rules. Provides information about basic qualities of good rules and the skills of behavior management.
Attend both workshops and receive a FREE gift.
For more information, please call 716-332-4127. To register, please go to www.epicforchildren.org or call 716-332-4127.
FREE Niagara County Parenting Workshop Series
WHEN: 5 Weeks – Every Saturday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., April 21 – May 19, 2018
WHERE: BFNC – 2616 Highland Ave., Niagara Falls
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Please CLICK HERE to register, or call 716-332-4127.
ATTENDANCE IS MANDATORY for ALL 5 SESSIONS.
So what will you get out of the EPIC Parenting Workshop Series:
· Helps parents acquire the skills and knowledge to become positive influences in the lives of their children.
· Is conducted in a non-judgmental/confidential environment
· Fulfills court-mandated requirements
FREE Parenting Workshop Series “Incredible Years – Parents and Babies”
This FREE 8-week parenting workshop series is designed for parents to learn skills and strategies on how to enhance their baby’s social, emotional and language development.
Who Can Attend? Parents who have a baby 0-12 months
** Parent and baby attendance at all workshops is required **
WHEN: Wednesday’s (8-week series) – Starting May 9 – June 27, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
WHERE: EPIC – 1000 Main St., Buffalo 14202
REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED, SPACE IS LIMITED
Attendance required at all 8 workshops, participant will receive certificate of completion and a $30 Walmart gift card
Call (716) 332-4193 or go to www.epicforchildren.org to register.
EPIC’s mission: Helping families, schools, and communities raise children to become responsible and successful adults.